The mission of the National Child Passenger Safety Board (NCPSB) is to save lives and prevent injuries by promoting child passenger safety through education, mentorship, engagement, and innovation.
Open Member Positions
The following field representative positions are open for the 2021-2024 NCPSB term of service.
- Public Safety: Fire/Emergency Medical Services (EMS): This field representative must be actively working in the fire/EMS field and engaged in current events and issues as related to Child Passenger Safety (CPS).
- Public Safety: Law Enforcement: This field representative must be actively working in the law enforcement field and engaged in current events and issues as related to CPS.
Field representatives are rotating voting members of the NCPSB with a three-year term of service.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for more than one position, if appropriate. Separate applications are required. Although multiple positions can be applied for, selected candidates represent one category only.
- Application period opens: May 25, 2020
- Application period closes: July 31, 2020, 5:00 pm PST
- Notification and invitation to interview: October 28, 2020
- Interview dates: November 18 and 20, 2020
- Interview decision notification: January 9, 2021
- New Member Orientation: February 2021
- Term of Service: May 2021 - May 2024 (The term may be extended if elected as a Board officer.)
Recommended Reading Prior to Completion of Application
Membership on the NCPSB requires a significant time commitment. Persons interested in applying to the NCPSB are encouraged to review the following documents found at cpsboard.org/board-membership/mission/ prior to submitting an application.
Application Process and Checklist
Incomplete, late, incorrectly submitted applications and unrequested documents will not be considered.
- Complete this online application through the link on cpsboard.org/board-membership/.
- Submit documents listed below via the upload section provided in this online application.
- Application Verification and Signature Form
Contact Mandi Seethaler, NCPSB Vice-Chairperson, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-306-1796.