Deadline extended to March 4, 2019!
The NSC Marion Martin Award was established in 2016 to recognize and celebrate outstanding service and contributions in the field of safety by women. The NSC Awards Committee has established the following guidelines to facilitate the nomination process for this award program.
Purpose: The purpose of the NSC Marion Martin Award is to recognize women who have achieved professional excellence within their area of specialty and have helped pave the way to success for other women in the profession. These women have distinguished themselves in a variety of professional settings and personify excellence on either the local, regional, national or international level.
Scope: The NSC Marion Martin Award is designed to reward those women who have had a significant impact on other women in the safety field. This award is designed to celebrate the career of women who have not only achieved professional excellence, but did so while encouraging other women to pursue a career in safety.
Eligibility: To be eligible for nomination, the nominee must be a woman, and may not be an active National Safety Council staff member, or member of the NSC Women’s Caucus Steering Committee.
Criteria: The criteria that will be used in evaluating nominations may include, but not be limited to:
- The contribution the individual has made to safety AND
- The impact the individual has had on other women pursuing careers in safety AND/OR
- The level at which the individual opened doors and advanced opportunities for women in a safety employment setting
Recipient: The nature of the contributions implied by the NSC Marion Martin Award limit a single individual to receiving this award only once in her lifetime. This restriction is not intended to limit the breadth of contributions that an individual can make, but rather emphasize the value of the NSC Marion Martin Award.
Quantity: The nature of excellence implied by the NSC Marion Martin Award requires recipients be limited to one annually.
Nominator Guidance: Nominating individuals for the NSC Marion Martin Award is an achievement in and of itself. When considering a potential nominee, it is important to consider the following:
- The nominator’s obligation to the nominee and the process includes preparing a professional nomination package. A nominator may inform and engage the nominee in preparing this.
- Powerful, successful nominations are crisp in form, clear, neat, organized and not encumbered with extraneous information and endorsements.
- All nominations must be submitted through the online application with all required fields complete. No other documents will be accepted in lieu of the online form.
All eligible NSC Marion Martin Award nominees must have at least one and no more than three letters of recommendation. All criteria must be supported with metrics and appropriate documentation.
Deadline: All submissions must be received by March 4, 2019.