New in 2017, the NSC Community Advancement Award recognizes the impact employers can have on the safety of the communities in which they operate. To be considered for this award, employers must not only have an organizational commitment to health and safety, but express that commitment with programs geared toward employee and families and to the community. The NSC Awards Committee has established the following guidelines to facilitate the nomination process for this award program.
Purpose: The purpose of the NCS Community Advancement Award is to recognize the impact employers have on safety in the communities in which they operate. The award should also inspire other employers to invest in employee health, safety, and community safety initiatives.
Scope: The NSC Community Advancement Award is designed to reward those employers who show excellent organizational commitment; have dedicated programs designed to increase the health, safety, and well being of their employers and their families; and who are dedicated to advancing safety in the communities in which they operate. The nature of the programs should result in employers who are seen as safety leaders in the community.
Eligibility: To be eligible for nomination, the employer must:
- Have a stated commitment to health and safety for their employees and the community
- Be committed to the health and safety of their employees and their families
- Be engaged in their local community with safety programs as a priority
Criteria: The criteria for evaluating nominations may include, but are not limited to:
- Proven organizational commitment to health and safety of all stakeholders
- Demonstrated collaborations between the employer and other community organizations around safety advancement
- Verified employee health and safety programs that extend to family members
- Promotion of and engagement in health and safety activities in the community
Recipient: This award is specific to the location that has applied for the award and is not transferable to other locations or to organization headquarters, if applicable.
Deadline: All nominations must follow the NSC Community Advancement Award guidelines. Final nominations must be submitted online by March 27, 2020.