2020 Texas Our Driving Concern
Texas Employer Traffic Safety Awards Nomination Form
This award recognizes Texas employers who have demonstrated a commitment to transportation safety and a culture that actively promotes traffic safety on and off the job. Employers who have created or implemented driving safety solutions and practices, programs or policies should apply for this award. Areas of focus may include any aspect of transportation safety targeted at employees, the employees families, the community and contractors.
- Any Texas employer is eligible regardless of company type or size.
- Nominated company must have operations in Texas.
- Nominator does not have to be an employee of the company being nominated.
- Previous award recipients are eligible for nomination.
BASIS FOR THE AWARD:
Applicants / Texas employers will be judged on the basis of what their company is doing in terms of their driver safety program and transportation safety education and outreach within their company's safety culture focusing on driver behavior.
Each business application will be reviewed individually based on merit. Consistent and on-going as well as on and off the job considerations are key components.
- Applications must be submitted by Friday. January 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST
- Exemplary Award Recipient Employers who are exceptional due to their emphasis on transportation safety in the workplace and beyond in addressing driver behavior.
- Award Recipient Employers who make transportation safety a priority in their health and safety management system.
- Honorable Mention Employers that are worthy of recognition due to their efforts in the area of transportation safety.
BEST PRACTICES: Award recipients exemplify the highest standards of achievement in the field of employee education and outreach in the area of traffic safety and driver behavior. These programs can serve as models or standards of comparison for Texas employers developing or reviewing their own workplace traffic safety programs. In the spirit of sharing best practices in traffic safety, the nominated organization agrees that the National Safety Council and the Our Driving Concern program may use this information in future promotional material, on the web or in print.